Tuesday, October 1, 2013

September Round Up

Bars visited: 15
Reviews Published: 16
Neighborhoods hit: South Side, Mt. Washington, Greenfield, North Side, Oakland

A:
  • Best Bar: The Summit. I really, really like this bar. I know it is on Mt. Washington and all, but it reminds me of bars back in Brooklyn, just affordable. I highly recommend you check it out next time you want to feel adventurous. 
  • Worst Bar: RumShakers. Just...never go. That is all.
  • Biggest Surprise: Bootleggers. I was really shocked with how nice they made this place.  My memories are fuzzy at best, but it used to be pretty nasty. If it wasn't for all the college kids, I would go here.
  • Biggest Disappointment: Packs and Dogs. I don't know, I might be being to harsh on this little place, but I heard it was the Mt. Washington D's. It is no where close.
  • What did A learn: When you are an observer who is observing and the observed suddenly really you are observing and announcing that you are observers....things get weird.
J:
  • Best Bar: I'm going to go with Gene's for just being the same laid-back bar it has always been. Sometimes that's all you need. Most times, really.
  • Worst Bar: North Shore Saloon  and its dead skunk toilets.
  • Biggest Surprise: The Summit was a complete surprise to us, we didn't even know it was there! It was a pleasant surprise.
  • Biggest Disappointment: As much as I love beer, I wanted to like The Beer Market a lot more.
  • What did J learn: Journey cover bands are never the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment