Friday, November 1, 2013

October Round Up

Bars visited: 14
Reviews Published: 14
Neighborhoods hit: South Side, Bloomfield, Oakland, Lawrenceville
A:
  • Best Bar:  Remedy.
  • Worst Bar:  As much as I WANT to say Hemingway's (because of my irrational hatred of it), I am going to say that Tad's was just that much of a hell-hole that it beats out my irrational hatred.
  • Biggest Surprise: Blue Moon.  What a great little bar.
  • Biggest Disappointment: Stinky's. I was expecting so much more than the normal to small sized bar it is. I wanted three levels of bar fortress!! They need a serious renovation.
  • What did A learn: You can never go back, and when you visit sometimes you are like....huh, really?
J:
  • Best Bar: I am obligated to say Remedy. I also want to give some love to Allegheny Wine Mixer, though.
  • Worst Bar: Also Tad's. It is all of the things that I hate in a bar.
  • Biggest Surprise: I'm going to give this one to Stinky's, but it was not a good surprise. It was a very disappointed surprise.
  • Biggest Disappointment: Bar11 just because it was completely empty and the bartender had zero interest in engaging with us. Not a total disappointment, though, because dinosaurs.
  • What did J learn: All bars should give you toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment