Friday, January 3, 2014

December Round Up

Bars visited: 17
Reviews Published: 11
Neighborhoods hit: Downtown, South Side, Mt. Washington, Station Square
A:
  • Best Bar: I had the most fun at Saloon 941. It had everything a good bar should be without any of the crap.
  • Worst Bar: I almost feel bad for them but I would never ever suggest anyone ever go to Red and Irene's. Ever.
  • Biggest Surprise: The Hut. Can't believe this place is still open.  But it is for sale! Go start a bar!
  • Biggest Disappointment: Acacia. Out of all the fancy new cocktail bars that are out there, this one has been the most underwhelming. 
  • What did A learn: That I do not understand what a Ultra Lounge is.  I thought I did, I thought it was like Elixer, but then we went to There, which was kind of a dive. So now everyhting is upside-down. Any input and clarification would be appreciated.
J:
  • Best Bar: I'll go with Meat & Potatoes because the drinks and food are so consistently good that I'm not even mad about how pretentious it all is.
  • Worst Bar: We went to some sub-par bars this month, but I'll give the worst to Red and Irene's.
  • Biggest Surprise: What are all of those people doing in Dirty Harry's?
  • Biggest Disappointment: The Hut, just because it was so depressing.
  • What did J learn: That there's a fine line between a quaint little neighborhood bar and a depressing hole.

1 comment:

  1. A also learned about eyef*&%ing, a very important life lesson.

    ReplyDelete