Thursday, September 5, 2013

August Round Up

Bars visited: 16
Reviews Published: 20
Neighborhoods hit: South Side, Swisshelm Park, Swissvale, Downtown

A:
  • Best Bar: Grant Street Tavern. We are both in agreement. This is one of the best secret bars in the city.
  • Worst Bar: Andy's.  Eff this place. Seriously. Eff it.
  • Biggest Surprise: Big Jim's. Not what I was expecting at all.  I am already plotting my return to get another Two-Bill Sandwich.
  • Biggest Disappointment: Mario's / Blue Lou's - This is more of me being disappointed with myself. I feel like I should have hated it so much more than I did. I was disappointed with my level of hate. I can do better.
  • What did A learn: That even though it is 7 effing 30 on a Friday night, some stupid places downtown shut down their effing kitchens! We still blame them for all shenanigans that night. Shenanigans, Easy Street! (Throws shenanigans flag at the ground and blows the shenanigans whistle in their ear.)

J:
  • Best Bar: Grant Street Tavern, easy. It made me want to work downtown just so I could go to Happy Hour there.
  • Worst Bar: I guess I'll have to go with Levelz on that one, since it was so bad that it was actually shut down.
  • Biggest Surprise: SkyBar. There's a pool bar up there! 
  • Biggest Disappointment: Walker's Pub. It really looked like it would be a great stop on our tour. They just hated us, though.
  • What did J learn: You really can't take me anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment